Tips for Drivers
- Stay focused on the road and your surroundings. Never drive distracted.
- Do not use your cell phone or any electronic device while driving. If there is an emergency, safely pull off of the road or into a “Texting Zone” before using your devices.
- Avoid arguments and stressful or emotional conversations with passengers.
- Avoid eating or grooming while driving.
- Be sure children are properly and safely restrained.
- Properly secure pets in a pet carrier or portable kennel.
- Drive sober. Never drive impaired by alcohol or drugs and discourage others from doing so.
Tips for Passengers
- Be quiet and alert.
- Don’t create distractions for the driver.
- Offer to help navigate.
- Do not tolerate distracted driving. If you are a passenger in a car with a distracted driver, say something!