Eligibility: Who Can Apply?
New York's state, county and municipal agencies and qualified nonprofit agencies who can impact traffic safety issues are eligible to apply.
Register Your Organization
All grant applications must be submitted in eGrants, GTSC’s grants management system. To sign up in eGrants, please visit GTSC’s FAQ. All applicants must provide their Federal ID number, NYS Vendor ID and DUNS number on the Organization Information in eGrants. Additional information and requirements may be found in the following sections.
NYS Vendor ID
What is a Vendor ID? Why does my agency need one? This info can be found at the NYS Comptroller's site. Please check with your agency's fiscal officers to find out what your agency state vendor ID number is, or check with the NYS Comptrollers office section for review invoices, purchase orders and payments.
We will need to have your NYS Vendor ID on file to reimburse you for your GTSC grants.
Your Vendor ID must be entered into eGrants. To do this:
- Log onto eGrants.
- Click on My Organization.
- On the Organization page, enter your NYS Vendor ID in the correct field.
- Click SAVE.
Please confirm with your agency's fiscal officers that the Vendor ID you enter is correct. It will be used to route your electronic payments from the state for your reimbursement. The agency name listed on the NYS Vendor ID file must exactly match the one on file with GTSC's eGrants.
Example of where to enter your agency's NYS Vendor ID.
Enrollment in the state's Electronic Payment system.
The federal government is requiring that New York report grant fund awards by using the DUNS number of the award recipient. The DUNS number is a unique nine-character number that identifies your organization. Your fiscal agent should know your agency's DUNS number. If they do not, information is available from the federal grants website.
When you have your DUNS number, you must enter it onto your Organization Information page on eGrants. Log onto eGrants. Click on My Organization, then your agency name, then Organization Information. Enter your agency DUNS number in the field provided.
Proof of Workers' Compensation and Disability/Paid Family Leave Insurance
All applicants must be in compliance with the New York State requirement to carry workers' compensation and disability and paid family leave benefits insurance coverage, or meet the exemption criteria under the law. Applicants must have and maintain proof of coverage or exemption.
For information regarding Workers’ Compensation Law requirements, please visit the NYS Workers' Compensation Board.
Nonprofit organizations must upload proof of coverage or exemption in their grant applications.
Acceptable forms to show proof of workers’ compensation insurance coverage or exemption are:
• Certificate of Workers' Compensation Insurance (C-105.2) (your insurance carrier will send this form to you upon request). Please Note: The State Insurance Fund provides its own version of this form, the U-26.3.
• Certificate of Workers' Compensation Self-Insurance (SI-12) (you can call the Board's Self- Insurance Office at 518-402-0247 to obtain this form).
• Certificate of Participation in Workers' Compensation Group Self-Insurance (GSI-105.2) (your Group Self- Insurance Administrator will send this form to you upon request).
Acceptable forms to show proof of disability and paid family leave benefits insurance coverage or exemption are:
• Certificate of Insurance Coverage under the NYS Disability and Paid Family Leave Benefits Law (DB-120.1) (your disability and paid family leave benefits insurance carrier will send this form to you upon request). Both pages 1 and 2 of the certificate must be submitted to the NYS Governor's Traffic Safety Committee.
• Certificate of Compliance with the NYS Disability and Paid Family Leave Benefits Law. (DB-155) (if self-insured in NYS for disability and paid family leave benefits insurance you should call the Workers' Compensation Board's Self-Insurance Office at 518-402-0247 to obtain this form).
The name and federal identification number on the certificate must exactly match the information provided in the GTSC's eGrants System and the information in the Statewide Financial System.
Please make sure to provide the following information to your insurance carrier when requesting the certificates to ensure that the correct information is documented in the Certificate Holder box:
NYS Governor’s Traffic Safety Committee
Attn: Fiscal Manager
6 Empire State Plaza, Room 410B
Albany, New York 12228
Grantee requirements and conditions specific to each grant type are outlined in eGrants. There are additional requirements that nonprofit applicants and grantees must submit to the GTSC and maintain. Requirements are as follows:
• Nonprofit organizations must be enrolled in the NYS Grants Gateway and be in a prequalified status on the grant application due date. Proposals received from nonprofit applicants that have not registered and are not prequalified in the Grants Gateway on the proposal due date cannot be evaluated. Such proposals will be disqualified from further consideration. *
• Nonprofit organizations must be registered and up to date with their filings, or be exempt with the NYS Attorney General's Charities Bureau. *
• Nonprofit organizations must submit proof of workers' compensation and disability and paid family leave benefits insurance coverage or exemption to the NYS Governor's Traffic Safety Committee. The following information must be documented in the Certificate holder box:
NYS Governor's Traffic Safety Committee
Attn: Fiscal Manager
6 Empire State Plaza, Room 410B
Albany, NY 12228
To view the list of forms that the NYS Governor's Traffic Safety can accept, go to proof of workers' compensation and disability and paid family leave benefits insurance coverage or exemption (pdf) at Workers� Compensation Board. *
• If your organization has been awarded a grant valued at $100,000 or more with our office, you must complete the New York State Vendor Responsibility Questionnaire as part of the contract approval process. Please visit the NYS Comptroller's website to complete the Vendor Responsibility Questionnaire. Nonprofit organizations have the option of completing the questionnaire online, or submitting a paper version. If completing the paper version, the paper version must be submitted with the contract.
* Nonprofit applicants that are awarded a grant must maintain this requirement throughout the grant year.